Evaluation of products – authorisation of the president of WUG
Hamilton TEST in accordance with the Art. 113 par. 3 of the Geological and Mining Law, as an accredited body AC149, performs tests and evaluation of products for which the President of the State Mining Authority issues decisions on admission to use in mining plants.
The activity is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the PCA “Accreditation program of certification bodies issuing opinions on products admitted for use in mining plants” (DAC-21).
The process of issuing opinions on products requiring the approval of the President of WUG proceeds basing on the technical requirements contained in Annex No. 2 to the Regulation of the Council of Ministers of 30 April 2004 on the admission of products for use in mining plants. The list of approved products is included in Annex No. 1 to the above-mentioned Regulation.
The list of products evaluated by Hamilton TEST includes, among others, the following:
1. Elements of mining hoists, such as:
- hoisting machines,
- extraction vessels,
- rope pulleys,
- suspension system of equalizing, guide, and fender ropes,
- suspension system of carriers for extraction vessels,
- slow-running winches,
- shaft signalling and communication devices,
- separated sets of elements listed in point 1.1–1.7.
2. Explosive (extractive) heads with control systems, excluding submarine heads, used in mining plants extracting minerals with boreholes.
3. Products used in excavations of underground mining plants:
- cable transport equipment, suspended and floor railways and their components,
- carriages and special vehicles as well as vehicles with internal combustion engines for transporting people,
- electrical machines, devices and switchgear for voltage above 1 kV AC or above 1.5 kV DC,
- communication, security, and alarm systems as well as integrated control systems for mining and armoured complexes,
- conveyor belts.
4. Shot equipment:
- carriages and vehicles for transporting or storing blasting agents.